Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hello Fall!

It was so good to get back into my craft room for a few hours of play last week! Sometimes, I have so many ideas running around in my head but I'm busy working or babysitting or just "doing life" and I get frustrated that I can't craft. Then, when I finally get the chance to play, my ideas don't always "gel" as I had envisioned them. This time, however, my vision and ideas meshed!

I was able to try a technique used by Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Clare Hayes. She calls it Metallic Blendabilities. She stamped white Stazon ink on Silver Foil and then colored with Blendabilities over top.


When I tried the technique, I didn't see as much a metallic look as a 3D look but that was perfect for me!



In this angled shot, you get a better view of the gold button and gold embossing (non Stampin' Up!).


I love the look of the Tangelo Twist with Mossy Meadow and they go extremely well with Soft Suede! Of course, nothing says Fall like a group of pumpkins and burlap!



0 comments: