Sunday, September 28, 2014

Emboss Resist Watercolored Card

I've long admired the creativity of fellow Demonstrator, Allison Okamitsu. I have several of her creations pinned on Pinterest. Now that she is on the Artisan Design Team for Stampin' Up! she will have even more exposure for her work.

Back in May, a watercolored card of hers caught my eye and I have been wanting to try the technique she used.


I thought her card was so pretty! I was also intrigued that she used her Silhouette Cameo to cut the word hello from a digital Stampin' Up! kit! Here's the card that her technique inspired:



This was such fun to create!

First, I used Versamark and the Dictionary stamp on watercolor paper. I used white embossing powder to heat emboss it. I used my mister to spray the paper with water and then used Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, and Rich Razzleberry ink with my Aqua Pen to brush on ink. After it dried, I distressed the edges and then adhered it to a Whisper White card base using Dimensionals.

I punched out flowers using the Pansy and Petite Petals punches and used my non Stampin' Up! flower shaping tools to give a little shape to the petals. For the larger flower, I used one of the pretty Faceted Buttons; the smaller flowers got rhinestone centres.

I used the Decorative Label Punch on Whisper White and inked the edges with both Blackberry Bliss and Lost Lagoon. The sentiment is from the World of Dreams stamp set, stamped in Blackberry Bliss.

The two feathers were stamped with Versamark on vellum and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The Feathers Framelits simplified the job of cutting out the feathers. They were tucked under the larger flower to look like leaves.

I loved using this technique and will definitely be using it a lot in the future!


0 comments: