Thursday, September 25, 2014

Featuring Four Feathers

The first card that I created at the Creative Gathering had been rolling around in my mind for a few days. It took a lot of experimentation to get it right.

I knew that I wanted to use vellum for the feathers but what to use to stamp them was the puzzling part. While they looked good embossed with white, they tended to look "heavy."

I tried stamping with Versamark and embossing with iridescent embossing powder but that wasn't right either. I then tried mixing some microfine glitter with warm highlights with some clear embossing powder. That seemed to do the trick! Now to assemble the card!


I chose Early Espresso for my matte and I distressed it before adhering it to my Very Vanilla card front using Dimensionals. I used a piece of brown ribbon we were given as our welcome gift at the Creative Gathering and topped it with a piece of our gold taffeta ribbon.

I used glue dots to fasten three feathers onto the ribbon. I stacked two sizes of the metallic gold buttons and fastened them together with the gold taffeta ribbon and then adhered this on top of the feathers.

I stamped the sentiment (from the now retired Loving Thoughts stamp set) with Early Espresso on Very Vanilla. Using my BigShot and the Magnetic Platform, I cut out the sentiment using the Project Life Cards & Labels dies. I inked up the edges and adhered it with Dimensionals.

The last touch for the card was a sprinkling of sequins in chocolate and iridescent gold. I am in love with sequins lately and unfortunately, Stampin' Up! has not produced them in many colors as of yet. I just like the little bit of sparkle they give!

Here's an angled view. Look at those sequins sparkle!




0 comments: