Monday, June 20, 2016

Floral Thinlits Birthday

Linda Vich Creates: Floral Thinlits Birthday. Ice cream shades of Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron are the star colors in this birthday card that uses the Detailed Floral Thinlits.
In my post, Floral Thank You, I said I would challenge myself to create a card with some softer tones. I have done that today with my birthday card using the Detailed Floral Thinlits.

For my color scheme I chose Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron. Don't they look like yummy ice cream flavors?


I started by cutting both Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron card stock 4.25 x 11". After determining that I would use the Blushing Bride for the liner and the Mint Macaron for the outer cut piece, I scored the Blushing Bride liner at 2 1/8" and 7 5/8". Because the Mint Macaron needed to surround the Blushing Bride piece, I scored at 2 1/8" and 7 3/4" to allow for the extra bulk.

The Big Shot was used to die cut each end of the scored Mint Macaron card base, after carefully positioning each die with the thin trimming die in place to cut a nice edge. Using a dryer sheet under my card stock worked well to catch all the little pieces and allow me to quickly get on with the rest of my card making.

Next, I placed the die cut Mint Macaron piece over the Blushing Bride piece and laid it on my cutting pad at an angle. I lined up the thin trimming die with the cut edge of the Mint Macaron and then used Washi Tape to tape the die in place over the Blushing Bride card liner. This ensured that I would get a nice cut end that matched the one on the Mint Macaron card base. I removed the Mint Macaron and cut the Blushing Bride liner.

After both ends had been trimmed, I put the two card pieces together again and used glue to adhere the die cut Mint Macaron panel to the Blushing Bride liner.

Using Mint Macaron, I stamped the paired sentiments from the Birthday Blossoms stamp set on a piece of Watercolor paper. I then stamped the blossoms between the sentiments using Basic Black Archival ink.

One the ink was dry, I used my Kuretake Water Pen with Blushing Bride reinker to watercolor the blossoms. I dried this thoroughly with my Heat Tool and then used Fast Fuse to adhere it inside the card base.

Using Fast Fuse, I adhered the Blushing Bride ribbon from the now retired Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit to the back of the card and then tied it in a bow at the front to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Floral Thinlits Birthday. Ice cream shades of Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron are the star colors in this birthday card that uses the Detailed Floral Thinlits.

Linda Vich Creates: Floral Thinlits Birthday. Ice cream shades of Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron are the star colors in this birthday card that uses the Detailed Floral Thinlits.

Drop me a comment below if you visit my blog–I'd love to hear from you!




2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful use of these dies, Linda! I wondered how they could be used! Very pretty color combo, but it is the design which has captivated my heart! Lovely creation! Hugs, de

Betty said...

Beautiful design, love it.