Thursday, June 16, 2016

Floral Thank You

Linda Vich Creates: Floral Thank You. A dramatic pairing of Basic Black and Bermuda Bay brings the Detailed Floral Thinlits to life in this thank you card.
In my mind, Black = Drama.

When I picked up the Detailed Floral Thinlits this afternoon, I immediately knew that I would be using Basic Black with them to instill a dramatic look in my card. The hard question was what other color would I put with it? I was leaning toward Real Red but when I walked over to my card stock stash, Bermuda Bay called my name!

I cut a standard card base from Basic Black and a matte from Bermuda Bay. I used my usual cutting sandwich with a dryer sheet under my card stock and ran it through the Big Shot after placing the Detailed Floral Thinlits at the top and bottom of the matte.

I only ran it through and back through the Big Shot rather than 2X through because I wanted to see if it would cut like that. Indeed it did! All but two little pieces stuck to the dryer sheet so I consider that a successful cut.

I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment from the Floral Phrases stamp set with Versamark and then heat embossed it with the now retired Black Stampin' Emboss Powder.

I placed dots of liquid glue all around the matte and on the little solid areas. I then used my Marsupial Layering Tool to adhere the matte perfectly. Perfectly WRONG! Somehow I turned the matte or the card base upside down! Luckily, I was able to remove the matte, re-glue it and mount it this time, right side up, on a new card base!

Wow! The combo of Basic Black and Bermuda Bay sure pops!

I adhered a tiny bow, using the now retired 1/8" Basic Black Ribbon , using a glue dot and also added three rhinestones.

For the inside of the card, I stamped the matching sentiment and floral stamp using Bermuda Bay. I adhered the matte using Snail Adhesive to finish the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Floral Thank You. A dramatic pairing of Basic Black and Bermuda Bay brings the Detailed Floral Thinlits to life in this thank you card.

Linda Vich Creates: Floral Thank You. A dramatic pairing of Basic Black and Bermuda Bay brings the Detailed Floral Thinlits to life in this thank you card.


I really like the impact that the card has by using Basic Black and Bermuda Bay! However, the next time I use these dies, I think I will challenge myself to select some softer tones and see where that takes me!

I'd love to find out what kind of cards you like. Please take my poll below!






0 comments: