Friday night was the June Wind Up for our stamping group. It seems like only yesterday it was September and we were just starting our 2015-2016 stamping season!
We had a lovely gathering of 13 ladies and we had a time to socialize and eat goodies before our stamping began for the night. I was surprised with a lovely gift card to a local spa, courtesy of my lovely stampers!
In addition to this, were finally able to give Yvonne the Door Prize that she had won at the Catalog Launch Party back in May. She had left early so never got to receive it!
Because I had long ago prepared for this class, we utilized the now retired A Nice Cuppa stamp set and coordinating Framelits to make Decorative Corner Fold cards. I have hopes that Stampin' Up will resurrect this set for the Christmas Occasions catalog as a number of demonstrators have been actively petitioning Stampin' Up to bring the set back.
To make this card, we used a 8.5 x 5.5" piece of Thick Whisper White card stock, scored at 2 1/8", 4 1/4", and 63/8”. It was folded on the score lines in preparation for assembly.
Card stock mattes, 5.25x 1 7/8” in either Melon Mambo or Bermuda Bay were used to matte 5 x 1 5/8” strips of the now retired Have A Cuppa DSP and one Whisper White strip of the same size. These were then adhered to the card panels, with the white matte on one of the ends. The white matte would serve as the place to
A 1 x5.5” Whisper White strip was scored vertically in half and then folded. It was adhered, using liquid glue, to the two ends of the matted card panel, with the fold to the outside. This formed a complete box.
The cup was die cut from either a Melon Mambo or Bermuda Bay "solid" pattern, from the same DSP stack, using the Cups & Kettles Framelits. A strip of the now retired Glitter Tape was applied to the top of the cup and the excess trimmed. The sentiment was stamped with Basic Black Archival on the cup. One of the Have A Cuppa Embellishments was threaded onto a length of silver cording and attached to the handle of the cup.
Using the largest plain and scalloped squares from the Layering Squares Framelits, a Whisper White and either a Melon Mambo or Bermuda Bay piece of card stock was die cut. These were adhered together and then the cup was adhered using Dimensionals.
The card was folded flat, with the white matte to the back. Two 1" circles were punched from Whisper White using the 1" Circle Punch. They were scored down the middle and folded in half. Liquid glue was placed on one half of each and they were glued to the upper portion of the card front, folded side in towards the score line of the card. These would form the pivoting hinge for the focal image.
Glue was applied to the remaining two sides of the circles and then the matted square was placed on top. Once the card was stood up, the focal image was free to pivot at the front of the card.
Our second card of the evening was a CASE of the card created by Sarah Lancaster. I thought that flip flops were definitely a sign of summer so would be the perfect send off for our group!
We started by cutting out the template that Sarah provided and then traced two of the top template onto Whisper White. One was fussy cut, the other was stamped on using stamps from the Love & Affection stamp set. This allowed images to be offset from the template. The stamped image was then cut out.
The template for the flip flop bottom was used to cut a bottom from Emerald Envy. The top strap for the flip flop was also cut from Emerald Envy.
Holes were poked through the strap by using a Piercing Tool. A brad was placed at the top through the stamped part and then double Dimensionals were added. The remaining two holes were pierced through the strap and the stamped piece. Once the brads were in place, the stamped piece was adhered to the Emerald Envy piece using liquid adhesive. The plain Whisper White piece was adhered to the back for written sentiments.
The Botanical Builder Framelits were used to cut a flower and stamens from Flirty Flamingo and Peekaboo Peach card stock. These were shaped and the stamens adhered to the flower with a glue dot. The flower was adhered to the strap of the flip flop using a Dimensional.
The sentiment was stamped with Versamark on Emerald Envy and heat embossed using White Stampin' Emboss Powder. It was then die cut with the now retired Washi Label Punch. It was adhered to the flip flop with Dimensionals.
A rhinestone for the centre of the flower was the finishing touch!
I hope you've enjoyed seeing our stamping projects!