If you have followed my blog for very long, you know that I love bold, in-your-face colors on my cards and today's colors are no exception!
As I often do, I turned to my Silhouette Cameo design software to plan out my card. I find that it is easier for me to plan out my matte sizes and be sure that my embellishments are in proper proportion on the card.
I started with a Cajun Craze card base of 6 x 4.75". I also cut a smaller matte for the very front of the card. Before deciding on any further mattes, I chose to die cut my flowers and leaves and plan my arrangement for the card front.
The Botanical Builder Framelits Dies were used to cut three flowers from Tempting Turquoise and three from a Tempting Turquoise flowered paper from the Brights Backgrounds DSP Stack. From Cajun Craze I cut some flower centres using the dies but also chose to use the Blossom Bunch Punch. I used the Rose Garden Thinlits to cut three stems of leaves from Chocolate Chip card stock.
I fussed with the flowers and leaves until I had my design planned out, and snapped a photo before removing all the die cuts to shape them with my McGill Paper Blossom Tool Kit. After shaping, I inked the edges with their matching color of ink. I then glued all parts of the flowers together using Multi Medium Matte, using the Brights Candy Dots in Turquoise for the centres.
While planning my flower cluster, I was sure to leave adequate room for my sentiment. I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment from the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit, in both Tempting Turquoise and then Versamark. I heat embossed it with the now retired Tempting Turquoise Stampin, Emboss Powder.
To coordinate with the leaves, I chose to use a very thin Chocolate Chip matte directly under the front Cajun Craze matte. I adhered these two mattes together with Fast Fuse Adhesive. I chose to use the same flowered Turquoise paper as a matte adhered directly on the card base. For added support for my top mattes, I cut a smaller piece of brown, self adhesive Fun Foam which I adhered to my top mattes and then adhered to the card base using Fast Fuse Adhesive.
I used Multi Medium Matte and Dimensionals to adhere my flowers and leaves to the card front, giving the flower centres a little Wink of Stella for good measure! I placed a few rhinestones around the card front for added sparkle.
For the inside, I used a matte of the now retired Naturals White card stock. I used the leaf stamp from the Rose Wonder stamp set and tiny flowers from the Botanical Blooms stamp set. The matte was adhered with Fast Fuse to complete the card.