Monday, March 28, 2016

Flower Pot For Global Design Project

You can't imagine my delight when I saw the color challenge for the Global Design Project #29! The colors were definitely my kind of colors! In fact, I had used these colors previously (minus one) in my post, Shake It Off.


It didn't take long for me to plan my design.

I cut an Early Espresso card base for a 4.75 x 6" card and a matte from an Early Espresso text paper from the Neutrals Backgrounds DSP Stack. After inking the edges with Early Espresso, I adhered the matte to the card base and proceeded to punch flowers from Bermuda Bay using the Pansy Punch as well as flowers from Tangelo Twist using the Petite Petals Punch.

Tangelo Twist polka dot paper from the Brights Backgrounds DSP Stack was used for a flower pot and separate piece for the trim on the pot.

Using a sponge dauber, I inked each flower and used a sponge to ink the flower pot pieces in Early Espresso, applying a bit more shading to the shadow side of the pot.

I assembled the flowers using Multi Medium Matte, adding a Bermuda Bay Candy Dot from the Brights set to each flower.

The trim was adhered to the flower pot using Dimensionals and then a Tangelo Twist Ribbon was tied around the pot. The pot was adhered to the card front using Dimensionals. The flowers were also adhered with Dimensionals.

Using a sentiment from the Gift From The Garden, I stamped with Early Espresso onto a strip of Bermuda Bay. I used the Banner Triple Punch to flag one end. I cut a piece of the Tangelo Twist polka-dotted paper for another banner. It was adhered to the card front with Fast Fuse and the sentiment banner was popped up over it with Dimensionals.

For the inside of the card, I used a matte of the now retired Naturals White card stock. I used one of the stamps from the Petite Petals stamp set to stamp flowers in both Bermuda Bay and Tangelo Twist around three edges of the matte, stamping more than once before reinking for some of the flowers. I adhered a strip of the Early Espresso text DSP to the right side of the matte, after inking the edges, and then inked the remaining edges of the matte. I adhered the matte with Fast Fuse to complete the card.



I chose not to make a shaped flower pot card for this challenge, as I preferred to have the flower pot mounted onto the Early Espresso text DSP. I like the way the card came together!

What do you think? Do you like this color combo? Drop me a comment below!



12 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

I love Early Espresso and I really like that your have used this colour as you main colour Linda. Very bold, but it certainly helps make those little flowers just "pop"! Fab card, fab design. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week.

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Paula!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! How rich and boldly colorful, Linda! Gorgeous design! Hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Donna!

Michelle Last said...

I adore your spotty flower pot! Thanks for joining in this week x

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Michelle!

Brian King said...

Linda - Such a great way to showcase this paper stack and these flowers! What a creative card! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's GDP Color Challenge!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Brian!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Awesome sponging and use of the colours Linda - fantastic card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Team Pinterest Board.

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Kylie!

Krista Frattin said...

What a great flower pot! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Krista!