Sometimes, even if you have a design in mind for a card, you lack the time to bring that design to life. Such was the case with my idea for the Global Design Project #22!
The idea had been ripening in my mind after seeing the challenge sketch for GBD #22. However, I was unable to bring my design to life until today . . . two days late for the challenge :(
But that's ok. I wanted to make the card anyway to see if my design idea would work. I was pleased with the result!
My design was very, very simple . . . much different to my usual cards in both design and color!
Before creating my card, I tried out the stamps that I wanted to use on a scrap piece of Whisper White. I used the twine-like circle stamp from Project Life: Memories in the Making as well as the sentiment from Party Wishes.
I stamped the sentiment first by coloring the stamp with my new Gold Wink of Stella. I was amazed at how well it worked! After it dried (very quickly, I might add) I stamped the circle over it, using Versamark, and heat embossed it with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.
It looked just like I had hoped it would look!
I decided to use a card size of 4 3/4 x 6" because the standard size was just a little too small. I cut the card base from Thick Whisper White and also a matte that was just a hair smaller at 4 5/8 x 5 7/8". I also cut a sheet of Vellum Card Stock the same size as the matte.
Using a die from the Circles Collection Framelits Dies, I positioned both the stamps and the die on the bottom right of the vellum matte. My idea was to cut out a circular portion of the vellum to reveal the stamps on the matte below. Once I had my placement, I sent the vellum through my Big Shot.
Next step was to emboss the vellum using the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. Because the vellum was thinner than normal card stock, I knew it would emboss easily but I didn't want it to crack so I ran it through the Big Shot on the Multipurpose Platform with no Tabs.
The results were perfect!
I arranged the vellum and matte on my MISTI and positioned my sentiment stamp, colored it with the Gold Wink of Stella, and stamped! As soon as it was dry I positioned and stamped the circle with Versamark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder, just like in my test run.
To adhere the vellum to the matte, a placed a few dots of Multi Medium Matte behind the embossed dots as well as along the top of the matte itself. I pressed and held it in place until it was set.
I cut a very thin strip of Gold Glimmer paper and glued it over the top of the vellum. My final step was to adhere the matte to the card front using Dimensionals.
Drop me a comment below and tell me what you've been working on lately–I'd love to hear from you!