Friday, February 12, 2016

Final Valentine Projects

I'm finally finished! Made some treat baskets and a card for Courtney and Steffan and that's it for 2016 Valentines!

The Valentine treat baskets were very easy to assemble. I used the Berry Basket Bigz L Die with various colors of card stock and then embellished each basket by cutting four , 2 1/2" squares of patterned paper, folding each over a side of the basket. They were easily adhered with glue dots.

I made shredded paper for each basket by using my Fringe Scissors to cut strips of card stock and then crinkled the resulting pieces–so easy to make coordinated baskets this way!

Each basket had a few heart embellishments and a ribbon-tied Gusseted Cellophane Bag filled with Hershey's Kisses.

For Steffan's basket, I used Basic Black card stock with a striped patterned paper from the Neutrals Backgrounds DSP Stack. Shredded paper was white. Hearts were cut from both red and black Glimmer paper using the Hearts Collection Framelits Dies.




Courtney's basket was Garden Green and decorated with paper from the Love Blossoms DSP Stack. Rose Red shredded paper and Glimmer paper hearts–Blushing Bride and Dazzling Diamonds sponged with Rose Red– as well as Blushing Bride Sequin Trim and a Watermelon Wonder flower from the In Color Blossom Accents.



Finally, Raine's basket was made with Melon Mambo card stock and patterned paper from the Have A Cuppa DSP Stack. Bermuda Bay shredded paper was used to match the patterned paper and the hearts were all cut from Dazzling Diamonds paper and sponged with Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay inks. A Melon Mambo 3/8" Stitched Ribbon tied in a double bow was the final embellishment.



The card that I made for Courtney and Steffan was a direct case from the card by Dawn Griffith and uses the Beautiful Ride Stamp Set. Her card was so perfect, I didn't want to change a thing! It was a fun technique to use and I can see myself using this for other cards in the future. I'll let you view Dawn's excellent video tutorial rather than repeat the directions for the card here.



I hope you enjoyed viewing my Valentine's Day projects. Hope you enjoy your February 14!


1 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous color blocking, Linda! And darling Valentine goodie projects! Of course I have pinned. Hope your Valentine week-end is the sweetest ever! (pun intended - giggle) hugs, de