Thursday, January 21, 2016

Picture Perfect Practice

Today I had the opportunity to work with the Picture Perfect Stamp Set. At first glance, it seems that these stamps have no relationship to one another. What ties these stamps together is that they are multi-step stamps; they use at least two different stamps to create a final image.

The set contains some lovely sentiments along with a hummingbird, a rose, leaves, and a starfish. I chose to use the starfish for my card today and I have Lydia Fiedler, from Understand Blue, for the wonderful color scheme!

The stamps in the set are photopolymer so it makes it fairly easy to see how to line the stamps up when using more than one. Each stamp also has a tab at the top which is your reminder to point all the stamps in the same direction. Though these stamps can be used with clear blocks for stamping, I chose to use my MISTI to allow for perfect placement.

The stamps for each image are numbered on the enclosed sheet. Generally, you would start with the number 1 stamp and progress from there, each stamp giving more detail to the final image. Also, the last image stamped is usually stamped in the darkest ink.

I stamped the first stamp using Watermelon Wonder and then completed the image by stamping with Elegant Eggplant. I fussy cut the image and then used a Stampin' Sponge to sponge the edges with Elegant Eggplant to give more of a 3D quality to the image.

I decided to use a 4.75 x 6" card base in Watermelon Wonder. For my next layer, rather than use colored card stock, I used a piece of the Thick Whisper White and chose a stamp from the Timeless Textures Stamp Set to stamp around the matte using Elegant Eggplant. This was adhered to the card base using Dimensionals.

I used a 3.75 x 5" piece of the Thick Whisper White for my last layer, to allow the wonderful stamped edge in Elegant Eggplant to show.

I cut a strip of the Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Ribbon and determined its placement with the starfish on top. I then used both Gorgeous Grunge and Timeless Texture stamps to add color to the matte. I also stamped the sentiment in the top right corner, inking my stamp first with Versamark and then Elegant Eggplant and heat embossing with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.

I adhered the ribbon using Tear & Tape Adhesive. I added Dimensionals to my starfish and then created a messy circle of Gold Metallic Thread which I secured under the starfish.

For the inside of the card, I stamped around the edge of a Whisper White matte using the wood texture stamp from the Timeless Textures set and adhered the matte using Fast Fuse Adhesive.


To complete the card, I added a few sequins to the card front, adhering them with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.


Close up showing texture and metallic thread.

I love the texture on this card and think that the unusual color scheme works well! Hope you like it!



2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How nice of you, Linda! I just purchased this set from my SU friend. I would never have thought of putting those colors together. Brilliant, eye-catching and utterly artsy! Gorgeous! I also LOVE the inking on the inside of your card. Always, I learn so much from you! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card! Hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Donna! You'll have fun playing with this set! A tip for you for the hummingbird—line up the white of the eye as well as keeping the tabs on each stamp pointing the same way. Also, do you have a MISTI?