Just as I was falling asleep, my mind provided me with a card idea, this time using the Bloomin' Heart Framelits Dies and the Bloomin' Love stamp set. It was not until I started writing this blog post that I realized what a perfect Valentine card this would be for a man!
The first thing I did was to decide that the standard A2 card would be too small for what I had envisioned so I went with my next favorite size, 4.75 x 6."
I cut a Basic Black card base and then cut a matte measuring 4.25 x 5.5" from Kraft card stock. I positioned the Bloomin' Heart Framelits Die centred horizontally but near the top of the matte. Of course, I used my Big Shot Sandwich that I detailed in my blog post, Solid Gold Tips For Using The Bloomin' Heart Thinlits Die, to ensure a clean cut. However, this time I set aside the actual heart die cut for another time and kept the matte for my card. I used a sponge dauber with Basic Black Archival to ink the edges of the matte and inside the heart die cut.
I cut another Kraft card stock matte of the same size and ran it through my paper crimper so that the lines ran vertically on the matte. I then took my Basic Black Archival ink pad and slid it over the top of the matte, adding ink to the ridges. I used the same technique in Love For the Lotus.
Next, I used Versamark and the heart from the Bloomin' Love Stamp Set to stamp on a piece of Kraft card stock and then heat embossed it with Black Stampin' Emboss Powder. To avoid a horrible black mess, I was sure to use my Embossing Buddy before inking. This is definitely necessary when using black! I then fussy cut the heart.
I ran a length of Basic Black Stitched ribbon around the bottom of the die cut matte and then used the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies to cut flowers and leaves both from black and Kraft card stock. I used Dimensionals, Glue Dots and the Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere these. I added some tiny rhinestones, colored black with a Copic marker, to the centre of the smallest blossoms.
I adhered the die cut matte to the crimped matte using Dimensionals and then to the card front using Fast Fuse Adhesive.
I decided to add a hint of gold to the card so I bundled up some Gold Metallic Thread and secured it with glue dots to the crimped matte showing through the heart die cut. I adhered the heat embossed heart over the thread bundle using Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment with the banner stamp, again on Kraft card stock, and then die cut it using the Large Numbers Framelits Dies. I adhered it to the top of the card front using Dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, I cut a matte from the now retired Naturals Ivory card stock, and stamped a border image at the bottom using Basic Black Archival Ink. Using a sponge dauber, I inked the sides using Crumb Cake ink and then adhered the matte using Fast Fuse Adhesive to complete my card.
I've entered this card in the Global Design Project because I felt it fit nicely with their sketch for #GDP018.
Drop me a comment below and let me know how you've used the Bloomin' Heart or Bloomin' Love sets!