As often happens with me, a card idea came to me just before I closed my eyes the other night. I immediately jotted it down into my Evernote app so I would not lose track of it.
The next day, I was able to create my card and I was able to utilize the leftover acorns I had created while previously making my Acorn Thank You cards.
I cut a card base from Basic Black card stock to give me a card measuring 8.5 x 4.5". I really like this card size! You can view another card I made in this size in my blog post, Love For The Lotus.
To add a bit of texture, I cut a matte from corrugated white paper and used a leaf from the soon to be retiring stamp set, Lighthearted Leaves, with Basic Black Archival ink to stamp all over the matte. I was very pleased with the result–I wanted a very airy look to the stamped panel and I think I achieved it because the Lighthearted Leaves were perfect for this effect!
I inked three sides of the matte using Real Red ink and then adhered it to the card base using Fast Fuse Adhesive.
Next, I used the Banners Framelits Dies to cut three banners from Real Red card stock and I inked all but the top edges on those, using the Basic Black Archival ink. These were also attached with Fast Fuse adhesive.
The acorns I had previously punched from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and the soon to be retiring, Black Glimmer Paper. The top of the acorn was adhered using the Fine Tip Glue Pen. The acorns were adhered to each banner using Dimensionals.
Using my MISTI I stamped the sentiment from the soon to be retiring Happy Scenes stamp set, using Real Red on a 3/4" strip of Whisper White card stock. I then used the Triple Banner Punch to flag each end. I used the punch again on a 1" strip of Basic Black.
The sentiment pieces were adhered using Dimensionals and then adhered to the card front, also with Dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, I used a matte of the now retired Naturals White card stock. Using the same stamp from the Lighthearted Leaves, I stamped along the bottom of the matte using Real Red and then inked each edge as well.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog