Tuesday, June 6, 2017

2017 Catalog Launch Prep Part 3: First Prize

Linda Vich Creates: 2017 Catalog Launch Prep Part 3: First Prize. Delightful Daisy DSP teams up with the Daisy Punch for this lovely card set and portfolio.
Today brings us to the third and final part of my Catalog Launch Prep series. If you missed the two earlier parts, you can reach them here: 2017 Catalog Launch Prep Part 2: Second Prize and 2017 Catalog Launch Prep Part 1: Third Prize. You can also read about the actual 2017 Catalog Launch Party.

Today I feature the card set that was the First Prize at my Catalog Launch.

I started by creating the cards for the card set. I chose a 4.75 x 6" card base and cut it from Thick Whisper White. I cut a matte from Daffodil Delight and embossed it using the Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card front using Dimensionals.

I next cut a panel of the Delightful Daisy DSP and
matted it with some Night of Navy. I used half of a Delicate White Doily and adhered it under the Daisy panel which was adhered to the left side of the card front.

Using Night of Navy, the sentiment was stamped on a strip of Thick Whisper White and then it was punched with the Banner Triple Punch. It was adhered to the Daisy Panel with Fast Fuse and to the embossed matte using a Dimensional.

The Daisy Punch was used to punch two Night of Navy Daisies which were curled slightly using a bone folder and then adhered together using liquid adhesive. The 1/2" Circle Punch was used to punch a Daffolil Delight Circle which was adhered to the centre with a Clear Faceted Gem, colored with a sharpie, adhered over top of it. The daisy was adhered to the card front using a Dimensional.

The Envelope Punch Board was used with Daffodil Delight card stock was used to create matching envelopes for the cards.

Linda Vich Creates: 2017 Catalog Launch Prep Part 3: First Prize. Delightful Daisy DSP teams up with the Daisy Punch for this lovely card set and portfolio.


For the card portfolio, I used a 12 x 12" sheet of Daffodil Delight card stock trimmed to 11 x 9.5". I scored the long side at 2.5" from the bottom and at 5.5" on the short side and used a bone folder to really burnish the folds. Inside, I cut on the centre score line for the 2.5" piece and then cut slivers from each side to reduce the bulk when folding the portfolio.

For the front, I matted two pieces of the Delightful Daisy DSP with Night of Navy. Before adhering the mattes to the front and back covers of the portfolio, I used Tear & Tape to adhere a length of Daffodil Delight 1/4" Double Stitched Ribbon across the middle of the back and front. I then adhered the mattes using liquid adhesive.

Three additional daisies were punched, curled, and assembled as for the cards and then adhered to the front cover of the portfolio. The cards and envelopes were added inside and the portfolio tied up with the ribbon.

Linda Vich Creates: 2017 Catalog Launch Prep Part 3: First Prize. Delightful Daisy DSP teams up with the Daisy Punch for this lovely card set and portfolio.

Linda Vich Creates: 2017 Catalog Launch Prep Part 3: First Prize. Delightful Daisy DSP teams up with the Daisy Punch for this lovely card set and portfolio.

I really had a lot of fun preparing these prizes for my Catalog Launch and it was even more fun to share them with the ladies who won them!

I hope you've enjoyed reading about my preparations for the 2017 Catalog Launch. If you have visited, drop me a line below to let me know you stopped by–I'd love to hear from you!






2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a lovely, happy, sweet project, Linda! xx

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Donna!