I started by stamping the rose image on Shimmery White card stock using Versamark. I also stamped the leaves, but did them separately because I knew I would be cutting them out separate from the rose. I heat embossed the images using White Stampin' Emboss Powder.
The Floating Reinker Technique seemed to be a nice fit for this card so I got out my Aqua Pen and added water to all the spaces in the rose, making sure that they weren't too wet or too dry but just right :) I then picked up Blushing Bride reinker on my Aqua Pen and touched it to the water in various spots on the rose. This caused the ink to fill the sections with color. After cleaning my pen, I repeated this process using Rose Red to fill the remaining sections.
In working with the leaves, I also used my Aqua Pen but this time I chose to paint with the Cucumber Crush reinker. Because of the nature of the paper, the ink dried quickly so I was able to paint over sections to intensify the color in places, making the leaves look more realistic. I zapped both the leaves and the rose with my heat tool to be sure they were completely dry before continuing.
My next step was to use the Rose Garden Thinlits to cut out the rose and leaves using the now retired 6 x 6" Glimmer paper in Sweet Sugarplum and Mint Macaron. I used Connie Stewart's method of adhering detailed die cuts to glue the die cuts to the rose and leaves. After I was sure they were well adhered, I fussy cut around them, snipping off any extra pieces that were not needed.
Two mattes were die cut, one Mint Macaron and one Blushing Bride. I used the Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder to emboss the Blushing Bride matte and then adhered it to the Mint Macaron one using liquid adhesive.
After determining the correct placement, I used Dimensionals for the leaves and Foam Adhesive Strips for the rose and adhered them to the embossed matte. I wrapped Thick Cucumber Crush Baker's Twine around the bottom of the matte, securing it to the back with Fast Fuse. The matte was then adhered to a Rose Red card front using Foam Adhesive Strips.
Using the MISTI, the sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set was stamped in Cucumber Crush on Mint Macaron and then stamped again with Versamark so that it could be heat embossed using Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. An oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits was used to die cut the sentiment. It was adhered to the card front using Foam Adhesive Strips.
A Thick Whisper White matte was cut for inside the card. The Rose Wonder stamp was used to stamp offset on the right side of the matte using Versamark. It was heat embossed using White Stampin' Emboss Powder. Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron inks were sponged over the embossing and then the matte was adhered inside to complete the card.
I'm very pleased with how it turned out and my daughter loved it! If you would like to use the color scheme from this project, feel free to save the following image.
I am definitely going to miss Cucumber Crush! I love its vibrancy and find that it works well, in small doses, with several of our Stampin' Up! colors. If you love it too, be sure to stock up on it before it's too late! Place an order today in my online store.