I started by cutting a 4.75 x 6" Basic Black card base and a Watercolor paper matte to go on top of it. Using Versamark, I stamped several dragonflies, offset, on the watercolor paper and then heat embossed them using Clear Embossing Powder.
For my next step I blended Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point and Rich Razzleberry onto the watercolor paper using Stamping Sponges. I used a paper towel to buff up the dragonflies to remove any lingering ink from them.
I die cut a dragonfly from Basic Black and then used Versamark and Clear Embossing Powder to make it really shiny. I then wanted to add some shimmer so I used the now retired Iridescent Embossing Powder.
The watercolor matte was adhered to the card front using Fast Fuse and then I popped up the dragonfly by using an adhesive strip.
The sentient was heat embossed in white on a strip of Basic Black and then the Triple Banner Punch was used to flag the end. It was adhered to the card front.
A matte was cut from Whisper White and a dragonfly was stamped in the bottom right corner using Pacific Point. The matte was adhered inside the card to complete it.
|Close up details of the shimmer on the dragonfly.|
I'm pleased with how this card turned out and I look forward to using this set with my classes!