In choosing my color scheme for my card, I consulted my 2016-17 Stampin' Up! Color Coordinator. You can download and print your own Color Coordinator and Nicole Watt has a wonderful video tutorial that details the ways in which you can use the Color Coordinator to select colors.
I began with a Very Vanilla matte and stamped the flowers/tree canopy stamp from Thoughtful Branches using Blushing Bride full strength. I then stamped it several times around the image to produce a lighter halo effect. I cleaned my stamp and stamped again, positioning the stamp a little off centre, using Sweet Sugarplum. Lastly, I used Watermelon Wonder.
I stamped the stems with Wild Wasabi and then stamped the sentiment using my MISTI, which allowed me to double-stamp. I then finished by stamping two leaves.
Two of the Layering Squares Framelits were used to cut out a "frame" and a smaller square from the stamped flower section. The stamped matte was then adhered to a Watermelon Wonder matte, using my Marsupial Tool, leaving a hole where the card stock showed through.
I replaced the "frame" and then inset the smaller square piece, being sure that both stamped die cuts were lined up the way they had been originally. I then removed the square, applied Fast Fuse and replaced it after once again checking that I had the correct alignment. (Am I anal? Yes! However, when applying adhesive, I have a habit of turning the piece around so I needed to verify that it was positioned correctly!) I then removed the "frame" die cut.
I cut a standard card base from Very Vanilla and then used the Marsupial again to adhere the mattes.
I used the Foam Adhesive Strips to apply to the "frame" die cut and then inserted it carefully back into the space from which it came. I added a small bow, made by folding the now retired Wild Wasabi Seam Binding in half, adhered with Glue Dots. Inside the card, I simply stamped two leaves in the bottom right corner to complete the card.
What a fun little technique! This could be used in a number of ways and gives a nice little "pop" to a relatively flat card.
I selected the following colors for my color scheme. Feel free to save them for your own projects!