Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Blossom Shaker

Linda Vich Creates: Beautiful blossom-filled shaker card in shades of Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush, colored with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and filled with sparkly sequins.At long last, my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers arrived in the mail from Japan! I have been drooling over these markers for a long time and finally bit the bullet and ordered the 48 pack.

These markers are SWEET! They are unlike any other marker I've used. They feel like a paintbrush (thus the real brush) but in a marker form. The colors blend wonderfully well, wet or dry as long as you use watercolor paper.

My first task was to create my swatch list to show each marker in both dry and wet states on watercolor paper. Once this was done, I stamped a slew of images on watercolor paper using Ranger Archival Ink.

I spent the day coloring; such fun to try blending colors together to create new ones and to add depth and dimension to colored images! Coloring with these markers really is a breeze!

For the image on my shaker card, I used a stamp from Indescribable Gift. I used Light Carmine, Carmine, Pale Green, May Green, Brown and Dark Brown.

I would scribble a little with a marker and then blend the rest using my Aqua Pen. If needed, I would go back over a section to give darker shading.

I die cut my image using the Squares Collection Framelits and also cut a polaroid-type frame from Early Espresso card stock as well as a square of Window Sheet.

I adhered the colored image to a Watermelon Wonder card base using Fuse Fast Adhesive and put strips of foam tape around the image.

On the under side of the Early Espresso frame, I put a strip of Sticky Strip and pleated a length of Cucumber Crush Dotted Lace Trim. I also used Fuse Fast Adhesive to secure the window sheet.

I placed a selection of sequins on top of the colored image, inside the foam tape. I then removed the protective strip from the tape and adhered the frame over the sequins to form the shaker.

I stamped the sentiment from the Watercolor Wings stamp set on Cucumber Crush card stock using Archival Ink and then punched it using the Washi Label Punch.

The sentiment was adhered with Dimensionals at the bottom of the frame.

Linda Vich Creates: Beautiful blossom-filled shaker card in shades of Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush, colored with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and filled with sparkly sequins.

Linda Vich Creates: Beautiful blossom-filled shaker card in shades of Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush, colored with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and filled with sparkly sequins.

What have you colored with the Zig Clean Real Brush Markers? Leave me a comment below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So very pretty! Those markers sound amazing and I love the results!

Linda Vich said...

Thank you, Michelle! If you get the chance to try these, do it. These markers are unlike any marker I've used before and the blending is heavenly!