Saturday, July 25, 2015

A Little Wine

Linda Vich Creates: A Little Wine. A mixed media card that uses molding paste, inks, and Inktense Watercolor pencils to set the scene for this celebratory anniversary card.The card I have for you today uses a mix of products. It is a special card that I designed for my husband for our anniversary.

I knew that I wanted to use my Wine & Cheese stamp set from TPC Studio (no longer seems to be available) and also use my Mini Bricks stencil from Crafters Workshop so that I could create three dimensional bricks with Molding Paste.

I started by using my Staedtler Flex Curve ruler to form an arch on a piece of Watercolor paper. I traced this to use as an outline for stamping.

Using my MISTI, I first stamped a clump of grapes and then stamped grapevines around the top of the arch, using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink. I used archival ink because I wanted to watercolor.


After stamping, I used my ruler again on a piece of Sahara Sand card stock. Then I used my Molding Paste to add some bricks to the page. I set this aside to dry overnight. I did not want to use my Heat Tool with this because it would bubble.

Meanwhile, after heat setting my stamped images, I used my Derwent Inktense Pencils and a water brush for dipping into water as I worked, to color in the grapes and the grapevines.

Next, I stamped a wine bottle and two glasses on watercolor paper and also colored them in the same way. I fussy cut these.

I stamped the sentiment on watercolor paper and die cut it using one of the Apothecary Accents framelits. I inked the edge using Rich Razzleberry ink.

Once my bricks were dry, I used sponge daubers and Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Tip Top Taupe to color them.

I trimmed my arch for the grapevines and adhered it with Dimensionals to the matte with the bricks. This was adhered to a thin Rich Razzleberry Matte and then to a Mossy Meadow card base using Fuse Fast adhesive.

I used more dimensionals to attach the wine bottle, glasses, and sentiment to the front of the card. I accented the highlights on the bottle, the glass stems and the grapes with my Wink of Stella pen.

After regretting not inking the arch that the grapevines were on, I carefully inked it, using Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake inks, once the card was made by carefully masking areas as needed. I also "dirtied up" the white background so it didn't look so white.

Linda Vich Creates: A Little Wine. A mixed media card that uses molding paste, inks, and Inktense Watercolor pencils to set the scene for this celebratory anniversary card.

Showing the dimension.
I was pleased with how this all came together and it is quite close to the "vision" I had for this card!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: