The card I have for you today uses a mix of products. It is a special card that I designed for my husband for our anniversary.
I knew that I wanted to use my Wine & Cheese stamp set from TPC Studio (no longer seems to be available) and also use my Mini Bricks stencil from Crafters Workshop so that I could create three dimensional bricks with Molding Paste.
I started by using my Staedtler Flex Curve ruler to form an arch on a piece of Watercolor paper. I traced this to use as an outline for stamping.
Using my MISTI, I first stamped a clump of grapes and then stamped grapevines around the top of the arch, using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink. I used archival ink because I wanted to watercolor.
After stamping, I used my ruler again on a piece of Sahara Sand card stock. Then I used my Molding Paste to add some bricks to the page. I set this aside to dry overnight. I did not want to use my Heat Tool with this because it would bubble.
Meanwhile, after heat setting my stamped images, I used my Derwent Inktense Pencils and a water brush for dipping into water as I worked, to color in the grapes and the grapevines.
Next, I stamped a wine bottle and two glasses on watercolor paper and also colored them in the same way. I fussy cut these.
I stamped the sentiment on watercolor paper and die cut it using one of the Apothecary Accents framelits. I inked the edge using Rich Razzleberry ink.
Once my bricks were dry, I used sponge daubers and Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Tip Top Taupe to color them.
I trimmed my arch for the grapevines and adhered it with Dimensionals to the matte with the bricks. This was adhered to a thin Rich Razzleberry Matte and then to a Mossy Meadow card base using Fuse Fast adhesive.
I used more dimensionals to attach the wine bottle, glasses, and sentiment to the front of the card. I accented the highlights on the bottle, the glass stems and the grapes with my Wink of Stella pen.
After regretting not inking the arch that the grapevines were on, I carefully inked it, using Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake inks, once the card was made by carefully masking areas as needed. I also "dirtied up" the white background so it didn't look so white.
|Showing the dimension.|