Saturday, November 1, 2014

Star Quality

When I walked in the door on Halloween night, I thought for sure that Raine would be forgoing trick or treating this year. I could tell from her crying that she wasn't feeling well.

Sure enough, Courtney and Steffan were attempting to dress her in her costume. Poor little thing–she was all stuffed up! On top of that, she'd had a full day at the babysitter's, complete with Halloween party.

Grandpa stepped in and took her outside in her costume to show her the kids starting to come around in their costumes. That did the trick . . . it was enough to get her out the door, treat bucket in hand.

An hour later, they were back. Apparently she had behaved like a star and even though she'd only made it to eight houses, she had quite the stash! Of course, she'd never get to eat most of it but Mom and Dad would help her out! Got a few quick pics of her in costume and enjoying a treat. (by the way, the following collage was done using the Project Life app.)

Linda Vich Creates: Star Quality

Today, I was able to do some crafting and pulled out the Star Framelits again due to more inspiration from work yesterday. I had been assigned the very last till, closest to Men's Wear. Since we were sadly lacking in customers yesterday afternoon, there was little for me to do but daydream and stare at men's clothing.

Strangely enough, a display of men's robes served me well. It gave me the idea to pair plaid designer paper with the same color of card stock for a tone on tone type of card.

To begin with, I cut a Cherry Cobbler card base and a matte from the Trim The Tree Designer Stack. A Cherry Cobbler star was also cut and I used the Simply Scored board to score the star to turn it into a 3D star.

I used the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits to cut a shape for the sentiment. The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set and it has a matching verse for the inside of the card.

I added a star cut from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and a couple of stars, punched with the punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, to either side of the sentiment. The card still lacked something.

To make the design pop, I added some rhinestones, some of which I colored with the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities. That was exactly what my card needed!


Linda Vich Creates: Star Quality

Linda Vich Creates: Star Quality

Linda Vich Creates: Star Quality

Linda Vich Creates: Star Quality


What do you think?

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


0 comments: