Thursday, August 14, 2014

Flower Patch Revisited

There is nothing I love better than sitting down with my iPad and browsing on Pinterest. It is a wonderful resource, especially if you search for specific stamp sets. One of my favorite searches is for the Flower Patch stamps. There are so many variations!

However, I have yet to see any cards done with gray and black using the Flower Patch stamps. That's what I decided to try today, and I added in a pop of red and green for interest.


In 3 Things To Know Before Using The Flower Patch Stamp Set, I shared that it was important to stamp on top of a piercing mat to get a clean, crisp print. Using this strategy gave me good prints again today.

After stamping all my images, I used the matching Framelits along with my BigShot and Magnetic Platform to cut out my images. I also used my Deco Labels Collection to cut a shape on which to place my flower.

While planning this card, which I usually do using my Silhouette Cameo software, I found that I was unsure which Deco Label Framelit I needed because I did not know their sizes. An Google search helped me locate a wonderful resource from Dawn Olchefske, a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator; she provides a listing of all the Framelits and their sizes! You can download the PDF resource from her here.

I inked up the label with both Real Red and Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then utilized my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the leaf stamp to stamp with the now retired Gumball Green. The flower layers were popped up with Dimensionals as well as the label itself. I used a non Stampin' Up! red ribbon across the Smoky Slate matte and then popped it up with Dimensionals on Basic Black. A Real Red matte was added and then finally a Whisper White card front.

I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White and trimmed the ends to make a banner. I inked the edges with Tuxedo Black. My bone folder helped to curl the banner slightly. It was then adhered with Dimensionals.

Here is an angled shot of the card.


I like the contrast of the black and gray with the red and white. What do you think—thumbs up or down? Drop me a comment below.

0 comments: