Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Helping Me Grow Thank You For Global Design Project


No creating on Monday. My granddaughter, Raine, was sick so she spent the day with me. She didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch so we immersed ourselves in Barney and Curious George. Luckily, whatever she had didn't last long and the next day she was back to her usual self and off to daycare.

Today I designed two simple thank you cards using the Helping Me Grow stamp set.

I started by cutting standard card bases from Basic Black card stock and mattes from Kraft. Using my MISTI to help me with alignment, I positioned my daisy stamp and then decided to insert the thank you sentiment into the actual stamped area so I used my Post-It Label Roll to mask over a section on the bottom right of the card. Using Jet Black Stazon ink, I stamped the daisy.

After removing the masking, I changed to the thank you sentiment stamp from the Endless Thanks stamp set. I stamped it in the place where the masking had created a space in the flower stems. After the ink was dry, I adhered the stamped matte to the card front using Dimensionals.

I threaded a black 4-holed button onto two separate pieces of Linen Thread and then placed glue dots on the back of the button. Positioning the button next to the sentiment, I tied the threads inside the card. To complete the card while keeping it simple, I used the Curvy Corner Trio Punch to punch the corners of a Naturals Ivory card stock matte and then adhered it with Fast Fuse Adhesive.



The second card was also stamped with Jet Black Stazon ink but this time the Hyacinths (at least I think that's what they are!) were stamped on the Kraft matte and the thank you sentiment was stamped at the top. A length of Basic Black 3/8" Stitched Ribbon was taped around the bottom of the matte and then a separate piece was knotted in the front. The matte was then adhered to the card front using Dimensionals. A sprinkling of black sequins completed the card front.

The inside was kept simple but elegant by using the Curvy Corner Trio Punch again on Naturals Ivory card stock.




I've entered this card in the Global Design Project #027. The theme this time is Thank You cards.

#gdp027

Why not click on the image above and come and play?



9 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Very pretty note cards, Linda! I'm sorry to hear your granddaughter was sick - how nice you are able to help out when those little emergencies arise - it must be a blessing to your granddaughter (as well as to you) and to her parents. Hope she is better today! hugs, de

Teneale Williams said...

Here is a great example of less is more. They are both so elegant. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project.

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Donna! My granddaughter is all better and back to her usual self!

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much Teneale!

Kylie Bertucci said...

I love these Linda! what a great idea using the corner punch on the insert sheet. Great tip! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! We love you playing along with us. :)

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much Kylie!

Brian King said...

I absolutely love this combination of black and kraft, Linda! It's especially wonderful on a floral card! Great use of masking on the first project. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's "Thank You" theme challenge at the Global Design Project.

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Brian!

Stampin' Dolce said...

amazing cards! I love it! I do not think I use enough Tempting Turquoise. Looks so sharp with that white! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project!!