Friday, December 18, 2015

Sale-a-Bration Freebie Sneak Peek

I have a Sale-a-Bration sneak peek for you tonight!

My husband, when I first met him, was busy building a glider with his father. This was a special glider because it contained an engine allowing it to be self-propelled to soaring height rather relying on a tow plane.

Though the completed glider was sold many years ago, my husband still has an interest in flying and exercises it through remote controlled planes and helicopters.

Because of this, I thought the new stamp set, Sky Is The Limit, would be appropriate.

You will be able to earn Sky Is The Limit for FREE during Sale-a-Bration which starts January 4! You should be receiving your Sale-a-Bration brochure and Occasions Catalog this month from your demonstrator.

I chose Blackberry Bliss for a card base, knowing that would work well with the gold embossing I planned to use.

I cut a piece of vellum for a matte and embossed the top half of it using the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder. (My husband always remarks when there are puffy clouds in the sky that they are "flying clouds.") I then used Versamark to stamp the images of the plane and its cute little contrail and then heat embossed them using the Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.

I glued the vellum matte to the top of the card base using the Fine Tip Glue Pen on just the top part of it. To cover the glue, I used the Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies to cut two pieces, one from Gold Foil paper and one from the 2014-2016 In Color DSP Stacks. These were glued together and then adhered to the top of the card front using Dimensionals.

I chose to stamp a Happy Birthday sentiment, using Blackberry Bliss, on the inside of the card on the now retired Naturals White card stock and also inked its edges with a sponge dauber.


I think this works for a masculine card, don't you?

The Sky Is The Limit stamp set will only be available for a short time when Sale-a-Bration begins so be sure to grab it before it disappears!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Linda, I love the use of this die cut across the top, and the pretty papers - it's a beautiful card! hugs, de