Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Festive Color Burst Ornaments


Such a busy time of the year! I've been working on Christmas cards lately but can't show you those quite yet! In the meantime, I got a chance to use my Color Bursts again!

Ever since seeing the Delicate Ornaments Dies, I have been dying to use them with my Color Bursts! Finally got the chance and this is the result!

I started by using my Color Bursts on three separate pieces of watercolor paper. I used Yellow Ochre and Orange, Pthalo Green and Ultramarine Blue, and finally, Alizarin Crimson and Violet.

I used the method where I wet the papers first and then applied the colors, adding more water and color until I was satisfied with the results. I set them aside to dry while working on another project but then returned to them and zapped them with the heat tool to ensure they were completely dry.

I used two of the ornaments from the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits Dies and one circle from the Circles Collection Framelits to cut from each of the papers. I also cut three ornament toppers from Gold Foil paper.

I then used the Leafy Vine Embossing Folder from Taylored Expressions to emboss each ornament. To make the embossing more apparent, I sponged on Black Soot Distress Ink across each ornament and then applied to the sides to give them a bit of shape. Once this was completed, I used Distress Glaze to seal the paints and ink.

I decided to make the ornaments even more vibrant so I brushed on a coat of Crystal Effects and left them to dry overnight and then attached the toppers using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
On a Garden Green matte I stamped the Watercolor Wash background stamp using Versamark and heat set it.

I decided on my arrangement for the ornaments and then adhered them to the matte using Dimensionals. After die cutting the sentiment, from the Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies, from Gold Foil, I attached it to the ornaments using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.

Using my MISTI and one of the ornaments from the Embellished Ornaments Stamp Set, I stamped on the bottom right corner of a piece of the now retired Naturals White card stock in Blackberry Bliss and then also inked the edges of the matte using a sponge dauber. Fast Fuse Adhesive was used to adhere it inside the card.



Lastly, I added a few gold sequins to the front of the card using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.


So, what are your thoughts on this card? Drop me a comment below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Loving the textures and colors you achieved on this card with those beautiful die cuts, Linda! Thank you for the explanations, and beautiful samples. I've enjoyed viewing what you create this year! Merry Christmas! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much, Donna! Merry Christmas to you as well!

Cathy said...

Your ornaments look amazing, love these intense colours, Cathy x

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much, Cathy!