Friday, January 29, 2016

Teal Toned Atypical Valentine

In my blog post Rustic Wooden Valentine I shared a technique I had learned for creating your own Woodgrain. I had so much fun making the first woodgrain that I made a few in other colors! Today I made use of these ones:

Panels created using the Woodgrain Technique and Weathered Wood, Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough and Black Soot Distress Inks.

Be sure to check Rustic Wooden Valentine if you didn't already read about the Woodgrain Technique. These colors are my favorites so I couldn't go too long without using them! I had another idea for a Valentine card that used both the larger panel for a background and the smaller panel for die cutting.

I started with a Bermuda Bay card base and adhered the background panel to it with Dimensionals. Using the Hearts Collection Framelits, I die cut three hearts from the smaller panel. I used a sponge dauber to add Black Soot Distress Ink around the die cuts.

I cut a piece of vellum to lay over the Woodgrain panel but still show the ends. I used a sentiment from the now retired Happy Watercolor Stamp Set to stamp with Versamark and then heat embossed with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.

I laid out my hearts on top to establish their positions and then cut some thick Bermuda Bay Twine to fasten between them. I used glue dots to attach the twine to the hearts. I applied Dimensionals to the back of each heart and then adhered them to the vellum. I then adhered the vellum to the Woodgrain panel by applying glue dots to the vellum under the hearts so that the adhesive would not show.

I adhered a selection of sequins to the vellum using glue to provide interest and a little sparkle. Gotta have sparkle!

For inside the card I used a matte of Thick Whisper White (because I had a piece the right size handy, otherwise I would have used the regular Whisper White) and used the heart from the Bloomin' Love Stamp Set to stamp with Versamark and heat emboss again with silver. I also stamped the little hearts from the Perpetual Calendar Stamp Set in Bermuda Bay. I inked the edges of the matte with more Bermuda Bay and then adhered the matte with Fast Fuse Adhesive to complete the card.



Sorry about the color here . . . it looks like Island Indigo but it really is Bermuda Bay like above!

I think that the teal tones of the Distress Inks work really well with Bermuda Bay to provide an atypical Valentine!



I am entering this in the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #32 and I played the diagonal from the bottom left to the top right.

SIP Tic Tac Toe 32


4 comments:

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Hi Linda! Love your card with that beautiful distressed background! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Tina!

stampwithsandy said...

Such a cool card, Linda! I love the shades of blue and the woodgrain paper. What a great masculine Valentine this would make. Thanks so much for playing along with my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at Stamp Ink Paper!

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much Sandy!