Friday, June 19, 2015

Watercolored Best Thoughts


I had the day off to play in my craft room today but it was hard to choose what to play with first!

I finally decided to use the flower stamp in the lovely Hostess set, Best Thoughts.

This morning while eating breakfast, I was viewing cards in a blog hop for Catherine Pooler's newest online class, In The Mood. A special Mood Board was created just for the hop. Click on the image below to check out the wonderful creations in this hop!

In The Mood Blog Hop

Who wouldn't be inspired when viewing a Mood Board like this? Anyway, one of the cards shared by Heather North caught my eye:


To create my card using her technique I started with a 4 x 5.25" Watercolor matte. Using my MISTI and Versamark ink, I stamped the flower and then heat embossed it using Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.

I taped the matte onto my craft sheet with Washi tape to stop it from warping.

I used a small paint brush to paint some clear water onto the flower. On my Tim Holtz Craft Mat I stamped some distress inks: Peacock Feathers, Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry. I dabbed the colors onto the flower, adding more water as needed to get an effect I liked.

Because I had gone out of the lines of the flower a little, I decided to paint a very pale background wash with the Spun Sugar ink. I heat set the flower and then painted the background and heat set it as well. I sprinkled a few water drops on but they didn't react as well as usual because I really watered down the ink so it wouldn't be so intense.

I made sure the whole painting was completely dry and then removed the washi tape. I then trimmed the matte down to remove the white edges.

I adhered the watercolor matte to a Whisper White matte using Fuse Fast. Using MISTI I stamped the sentiment using Stazon Jet Black ink because I wanted the sentiment to overlap the stem of the flower and because it was embossed, the only ink that would adhere to it would be Stazon.

I tied a sheer bow around the matte and then adhered it to a Bermuda Bay card stock matte. Finally, the whole thing was adhered to a Perfect Plum card base using Dimensionals.

To complete the card, I added a sprinkling of Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Linda Vich Creates: Watercolored Best Thoughts. Distress inks applied as watercolor produce a delightful color medley on the Best Thoughts flower stamp.

Linda Vich Creates: Watercolored Best Thoughts. Distress inks applied as watercolor produce a delightful color medley on the Best Thoughts flower stamp.

Linda Vich Creates: Watercolored Best Thoughts. Distress inks applied as watercolor produce a delightful color medley on the Best Thoughts flower stamp.


I love the colors of this flower and the clear embossing seems to sparkle like the sequins! It is hard to see in the photos but the background really is a very soft pink color that really showcases the flower.

What do you think? Leave me a comment below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much, Kristie!