Thursday, June 18, 2015

Crazy Birds Birthday Card

Linda Vich Creates: Crazy Birds Birthday Card. Brilliant distress inks bring the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamps to life in this 65th birthday card.I had to create a card for our neighbor's 65th birthday so it gave me a chance to break out my Crazy Birds stamps from Tim Holtz! As soon as I saw these birds on Pinterest, I knew I had to get them. They were just too cute!

Using my MISTI, I started by stamping the two birds on Watercolor Paper using Versafine Onyx Black, heat setting the ink.

Because I didn't want to accidentally color over the eyes of the birds, I used Rubber Cement and a small paint brush to brush it onto the eyes, making sure I had a thick coat. I then heat set it to be sure it was completely dry.

I used my sponge daubers with Distress Inks to color the birds. Intense colors seemed to suit these birds so I chose Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and I also used a Ripe Persimmon Distress Marker.

After the birds were completely colored, I used an adhesive remover from Stampin' Up! to get rid of the Rubber Cement. I used a White Gel Pen to color in the eyes and also used a Project life pen to darken the black of the eyes.

I fussy cut each bird, cutting off the legs and little bits of black.

I planned the placement of the birds on my Whisper White matte and then stamped each bird again on the matte. This allowed me to glue my colored birds over the stamped ones and give them back their feet and little bits of black!

I stamped the sentiment from Just Sayin' using Cucumber Crush and then die cut it with the matching framelits. I adhered it between the birds using Dimensionals.

I distressed the edges of the matte and inked them with Island Indigo. This matte was adhered to a Tangelo Twist matte using Dimensionals and then that matte was adhered to the Island Indigo card base using Fuse Fast. A few scattered sequins and the card front was complete!

For the inside of the card, I used Naturals White card stock for a matte. I stamped the sun from Kinda Eclectic in Tangelo Twist and heat embossed it using the Iridescent Stampin Emboss Powder.

Using Versamark, I stamped 65 on Island Indigo card stock and punched it with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. I heat embossed the numerals with the Iridescent Stampin Emboss Powder and then adhered the circle with Dimensionals to the centre of the sun.

I inked the edges of the matte with Tangelo Twist and adhered the matte inside the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Crazy Birds Birthday Card. Brilliant distress inks bring the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamps to life in this 65th birthday card.



I'm pleased with how the card turned out and our neighbor loved it!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: