Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My First Card Challenge

Sometimes it really is worth staying up into the wee hours of the night!

After sorting out my Stampin' Up! order tonight and writing Thank You cards, I decided to have a look at a couple of card challenges. Earlier, my daughter had come over after her job training was done for the day. I got her doing some research on card challenges for me.

One of the sites, Pals Paper Arts, had a challenge ending at noon on Tuesday. I thought that would be a pretty tight deadline to meet since I had to work at 12:30 that day so I went looking elsewhere.

But I kept returning to the sketch that they had posted; it was unique and attention grabbing.

PPA225

I thought I'd give it one quick try before heading to bed.

Because I really didn't have an idea in mind other than the sketch, I searched online for a bit for some color inspiration. I didn't really find anything so instead I searched through my stash of designer papers.

I knew I had found my muse when I got to the pack of Color Me Autumn. A beautiful pattern of fall leaves printed in Blackberry Bliss jumped out at me; I knew I could always count on Blackberry Bliss!


As simple as that, the wheels started turning. I grabbed some Blackberry Bliss card stock, some Silver Glimmer paper and some Bigz dies that I had received in my order just today. I was off to the races!

A little ink here, a die cut there, add a few Dimensionals and WOW! I knew Blackberry Bliss would never steer me wrong!

 Linda Vich Creates: My First Card Challenge


Now, if I can just post this to the challenge correctly, I'll be laughing! Keep your fingers crossed for me–the results will be in on Wednesday, October 29.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

9 comments:

Windy Ellard said...

Glad you came back to this sketch..love Blackberry and your card! I really like your touch of gold and the use of ticket punch with sentiment! Thanks for joining the Pals sketch this week!

Just a Thought... said...

Wow!! Love it!!! So creative Linda!!! Thank you for joining us at Pals Paper Arts!!!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks so much, Windy! I really enjoyed making this card.

Linda Vich said...

Thank you! I think I'll be a regular there.

Rae said...

Beautiful interpretation of the sketch this week. So glad you decided to share with us. Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much, Rae!

Unknown said...

Your color choices are stunning and I love the glimmer paper- it adds such an elegant touch!

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Really wonderful ! I love this color.
Best regards, Synnöve

Linda Vich said...

Thanks, Synnöve! I love the richness of this color too!