Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Rooted in Nature Birthday

Just can't stop playing with the new Rooted in Nature stamp set and my new favorite In Color, Blueberry Bushel! I am finding that you can get such depth from this color by stamping off up to four times!

I knew that I wanted to do a card with both Cajun Craze and Blueberry Bushel.

After cutting a 4.75 x 6" card base from Cajun Craze, I cut a matte from Blueberry Bushel and used the stamp with three leaves to create the background, stamping and stamping off several times until the paper was covered. I also sponged the edges. The matte was adhered to the card front with Dimensionals.

I cut a strip of Cajun Craze and embossed it using the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder and then sponged it lightly with both Cajun Craze and Early Espresso inks. The strip was adhered to the card front with Dimensionals.

On Thick Whisper White, I stamped three of the larger leaves, the tree slice (stamped off twice), and three of the leaf cluster (two full strength, one stamped off once) and die and fussy cut them out. The sentiment, from the Cake Soiree stamp set, was stamped twice onto the tree slice using Blueberry Bushel. The three large leaves were layered on the strip and then the tree slice was adhered over a piece of Copper Trim using Dimensionals. The leaf clusters were shaped a little and then glued around the tree slice.

For inside the card, the leaf cluster was stamped several times on a Whisper White matte and then the edges were inked to complete the card.




How do you feel about this color scheme? Let me know in the comments below!



4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, and such a wonderful color choice! Your intense colors are always soul-touching, Linda! xx

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much Donna! I love exploring color!

Kathy Langosh said...

I love the stamp set and your colors are divine. LOVE IT!

Linda Vich said...

Kathleen, thank you! The stamp set and matching does are divine!