Thursday, October 12, 2017

Peace, Joy, and Love

Linda Vich Creates: Peace, Joy, and Love. A colorful and festive card that uses the Musical Instruments Framelits and the Sheet Music stamp set.
When I created the card in my Rustic Musical Season blog post, I had actually planned to create two cards that day, using some of the same stamps and framelits. However, time got away from me and I didn't get the second card finished until now!

I started by using my MISTI to stamp the Sheet Music background stamp with Whisper White onto Real Red card stock. I heat embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder.

Cutting a slightly larger matte from Emerald Envy, I dry embossed it using the Holly Embossing Folder. These were stacked and adhered, haphazardly, onto a Real Red 4.75 x 6" card front.

I used the Musical Instruments Framelits to die cut the French horn from Silver Foil as well as a few more horns from Whisper White. I stacked and adhered the horns together. I used a silver Sharpie to edge the horn.

On Red Glimmer paper I used my #9 scalloped square and #6 plain square from the Layering Squares Framelits to die cut a frame. I adhered the frame at an angle on the card front using Mini Dimensionals. The horn was adhered on top of the frame, again using the Mini Dimensionals.

Using Emerald Envy and Lemon Lime Twist card stock, I punched leaves and then sponged them with either Emerald Envy or Pear Pizzazz. I also shaped them a little with a bone folder. These were adhered around the horn using liquid adhesive.

The sentiment was stamped with Whisper White on Emerald Envy and then heat embossed using White Stampin' Emboss Powder. The Triple Banner Punch was used to flag the ends. A strip of Lemon Lime Twist was used to matte the sentiment and was hand trimmed after adhering it to the sentiment and then adhered to the card front with Dimensionals. A few rhinestones were added for a touch of bling.

On the Whisper White matte inside the card, the sentiment was stamped with Real Red and heat embossed using the now retired Real Red Glitter Embossing Powder. The leaves were stamped with Memento and then colored using the new Stampin' Blends. Wink of Stella added some glitz to the leaves and berries to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Peace, Joy, and Love. A colorful and festive card that uses the Musical Instruments Framelits and the Sheet Music stamp set.

Linda Vich Creates: Peace, Joy, and Love. A colorful and festive card that uses the Musical Instruments Framelits and the Sheet Music stamp set.




Love how this card turned out! The colors of Real Red, Emerald Envy and Lemon Lime Twist are such a fun combination! Be sure to save the color combo below if you'd like to use it for your own projects!

Linda Vich Creates: Peace, Joy, and Love. A colorful and festive card that uses the Musical Instruments Framelits and the Sheet Music stamp set.




>

0 comments: