Friday, October 7, 2016

Pretty Paisley Birthday

Linda Vich Creates: Pretty Paisley Birthday. Petals & Paisleys DSP is teamed with the Cable Knit Embossing Folder to produce this formal and ornate birthday card.
I don't know why I waited so long to purchase the Paisleys & Posies Stamp Set, coordinating Thinlits and DSP–they are GORGEOUS! And yes, I am shouting!

When I saw the sheet of Night of Navy DSP with the copper embossed paisley print, I knew that I wanted to pair it with the (you guessed it!) Cable Knit Embossing Folder.

I started by cutting a standard card base from Night of Navy card stock and then cut a piece of the DSP to 5.5 x 4.25" to fit perfectly on the card front.

I cut a strip of Night of Navy card stock and embossed it with the Cable Knit Embossing Folder and then wrapped several times with the Copper Metallic Thread, securing it at the back with Fast Fuse. I then adhered the embossed strip to the DSP and then that to the card front using Fast Fuse.

I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Blooms stamp set on Night of Navy using Versamark and heat embossed with the Copper Embossing Powder. I die cut the sentiment using the Layering Squares as well as die cutting a piece of the Copper Foil using the matching scalloped square.

Both pieces were transformed into rectangles by using this trick from Patty Bennett. I adhered the die cuts together using liquid adhesive–I find that this adhesive works best for centering these die cuts because it gives you the wiggle room you need to get the right placement. I adhered the sentiment on top of the embossed strip using Dimensionals.

A matte of Very Vanilla was cut for inside the card. I used the Paisleys & Posies with Night of Navy ink to stamp along the bottom of the matte. I then used a Versamark marker to edge the matte and then heat emboss with the Copper Embossing Powder. The matte was adhered with Fast Fuse to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Pretty Paisley Birthday. Petals & Paisleys DSP is teamed with the Cable Knit Embossing Folder to produce this formal and ornate birthday card.

Linda Vich Creates: Pretty Paisley Birthday. Petals & Paisleys DSP is teamed with the Cable Knit Embossing Folder to produce this formal and ornate birthday card.
Click photo to view details in larger size

Don't you just love this? Though the copper is hard to photograph–it tends to look like gold–I'm sure you will agree that this paper and stamp set is truly stylish and ornate and it looks well with the clearly defined cable knit embossing.



2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Talk about richness and elegance, this creation really brings both together! Lovely rich color and elegant embossing (both wet and dry)! Beautiful design, Linda! Hugs, de, who has pinned your masterpiece

Linda Vich said...

I don't know about my card being a "masterpiece" but thanks for comments!