Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Flourishing Thinlits Note

Linda Vich Creates: Flourishing Thinlits Note. Inked embossed brick background showcases the Flourishing Thinlits dies.
What starts out as one type of project sometimes ends up as another. This is what happened today.

Today I had been looking forward to trying Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek's Bamboo Tutorial. Unfortunately, my attempt at creating a bamboo look was not very successful (not any reflection on Lyssa's excellent tutorial). However, I did still like the background effect so decided to use it for a card anyway!

I started by embossing a Crumb Cake matte with the Brick Wall embossing folder. Then, as per the tutorial, I used stamping sponges to swipe on first Early Espresso ink (over the cracks between the bricks), Pear Pizzazz (below the Early Espresso ink) and finally Crushed Curry (above the Early Espresso).

Next, I used my Kuretake Fude Water Brush Pen, Medium to paint vertical strokes over the entire piece to blend the colors. Though I did like the blend of colors, I didn't have Lyssa's touch in creating a bamboo look!

In matching colors to the inked matte, I chose Pear Pizzazz and because the Early Espresso kind of looked purple to me, I tried and liked Elegant Eggplant as a contrasting color. I added a thin matte in Elegant Eggplant and then adhered the panel to a Pear Pizzazz card base using Dimensionals.

Using the Flourish Thinlits, I die cut the large flourish from Elegant Eggplant and three flowers from Crushed Curry. After snipping off the two blossoms on the flourish, I adhered it to the card front using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. The flowers were adhered on top and purple sequins were added to the flower centres.

The sentiment was stamped with Elegant Eggplant on Pear Pizzazz card stock and die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits. An Elegant Eggplant matte was also cut. The sentiment was adhered with Dimensionals to the card.

A Very Vanilla matte was cut for inside the card. Pear Pizzazz leaves were stamped in the upper corner and then another one of the Thinlits were used to cut trim from Elegant Eggplant to add to the bottom and side.

Linda Vich Creates: Flourishing Thinlits Note. Inked embossed brick background showcases the Flourishing Thinlits dies.

Linda Vich Creates: Flourishing Thinlits Note. Inked embossed brick background showcases the Flourishing Thinlits dies.





2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Linda! You are so amazing in how your blend colors, and bring brilliance to life! this is gorgeous! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

You are so sweet Donna! Thanks for commenting.