Monday, February 23, 2015

Irresistible Petals, Bold and Bright!

Linda Vich Creates: Irresistible Petals, Bold and Bright! Irresistibly Yours paper coordinates with bright and bold stamped flowers from Petal Potpourri.

A bitterly cold, cold day today. If the wind hadn't been blowing so hard from the north, it would not have been so bad but if you were caught out in the open, it was UGLY!

A simple little card for you today, in a long and narrow format. The card base was cut from Whisper White to make a 8 1/2 x 3 1/2" card.

I cut a strip of the striped pattern from the Irresistibly Yours Papers, available for free with a $60 order during Sale-a-Bration.

I used Post-Its to mask off each stripe as I worked, using Sponge Daubers, to ink up the stripes in Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay. I used Fuse Fast to attach the strip to the bottom of the card front.

Linda Vich Creates: Irresistible Petals, Bold and Bright! Irresistibly Yours paper coordinates with bright and bold stamped flowers from Petal Potpourri.


The Best Year Ever Accessory Pack supplied Crushed Curry ribbon that I adhered across the top of the striped paper strip.

To match the stripes, I stamped three flowers on Whisper White using the Petal Potpourri stamp set. I punched them out with the coordinating Flower Medallion Punch.

I used Blendabilities markers to color white buttons from the Neutrals Designer Buttons to act as centres for the flowers. They were adhered with a glue dot and the flowers were popped up with Dimensionals on the card front.

The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White using the Regarding Dahlias stamp set. It was punched out with the 1" Square Punch and then popped up with Dimensionals on a Basic Black punch from the Postage Stamp Punch.

To complete the card, the sentiment was adhered to the card front using a Dimensional.

Linda Vich Creates: Irresistible Petals, Bold and Bright! Irresistibly Yours paper coordinates with bright and bold stamped flowers from Petal Potpourri.

I used bright, happy colors to brighten my day and distract me from the cold outside. I hope this card brightens your day as well!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: