Monday, July 28, 2014

Stampin' Up! Loot and an Anniversary Card

It was nice to chill out with my husband before supper and talk over how our days had gone. My feet definitely appreciated the soak in the water!

Feet in pool

I had had great plans for my day off, but I had to do a quick grocery shop BEFORE breakfast because we were out of orange juice! After breakfast, I was able to organize my loot from the Stampin' Up! Convention into the Krafts Inventory I use on my iPad. If you ever want to catalog your supplies (and I urge you to do so if only to calculate what they are worth) I highly recommend this database! It is very easy to use and you can tailor the records to the details you need eg. stamp name, price, tags (to make it easier to find what you need), photo, etc.

After cataloguing my supplies, I created a belated anniversary card for my husband. No, I didn't forget our anniversary (it was actually on Friday) but I just hadn't had time to make a card!
Luckily, I had a design in mind, using my new favorite stamp set, Kinda Eclectic.

Anniversary Card

I cut a standard card base from Blackberry Bliss Cardstock and a matte from Lost Lagoon. Using Blackberry Bliss ink I stamped the sentiment from the See Ya Later Alligator stamp set in the bottom right corner. The matte looked too plain so I used my piercing tool and one of the templates from the Essentials set to add a border.

I used my Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to create a ribbon slider and then heat embossed the slider using Gold Embossing Powder after first stamping the sun from Kinda Eclectic with Versamark ink.
I used one of the new Mini Metallic Clothespins to anchor a heart cut from Dazzling Diamonds to the slider. I also punched a smaller heart and colored it with my Blackberry Bliss Stampin Marker and attached it with Dimensionals to the larger heart.

Blackberry Bliss ribbon was threaded through the ribbon slider and fastened to the back of the Lost Lagoon matte. I adhered the matte to the card base using Dimensionals. To complete the card I added some rhinestones to the O's in the sentiment. Here are some close ups but they don't do justice to the Dazzling Diamonds paper or the rhinestones.

Card Detail

Card Detail

I'm pleased with how it turned out and my husband loved it, even if it was late!
After supper, I was able to photograph the stamp sets I received for free at the Convention—almost a $100 in total! The two sets underneath the others are from the new Holiday catalog (wait till you see it!) so I can only show you a portion of them.

Loot

I also scored a couple of paper packs, some Washi tape, an accessory pack for Stampin Up Project Life, and some of the new Mini Metallic Clothespins.

Free loot!

We also received a red iPad bag. Pretty nifty, huh? All in all, we scored a pretty nice haul of products, never mind what we were able to purchase from the new Holiday Catalogue! (Can't show you any of those products yet but I will say this, "YOU. WILL. LOVE. IT!")











0 comments: